Friday, February 13, 2009

Leighton is one tough hombre.

I spoke to Leighton a few minutes ago and he sounded pretty good. He is tough, determined, and courageous. He said that after the surgery he was in so much pain.....I don't know if I know a word strong enough to describe it. But, he stays in the right frame of mind, that this is temporary and He is getting through this! He is thankful for the support of all his friends and family....and everyone behind him and praying for him.

The medical staff at the hospital are doing a great job and have Leighton's pain under control now. Leighton said it only hurts really bad when they have to move him to check on his back.....I can't imagine.

Yesterday afternoon Leighton started some rehab work with his upper body. They want to get on this as fast as possible. His back is still too painful to sit up much or start too much therapy. But, they are on top of it.....he got fitted for a brace and should have it by 2p.m. today.

Please continue to pray for Leighton and his family. And, feel free to send him an e-mail. Leighton is checking the e-mail and it is awesome to see all the encouragement sent to him.

2 comments:

  1. Leighton,
    I am glad to hear that you are doing better. I myself have been paralyzed since 1985 due to a car accident with a T10-11 fracture and spinal cord twist. I think my boyfriend told you about me, Rob Goodwin. Anyway, if you ever need someone to listen who can understand the struggle that you are going through feel free to email me any time!
    Thanks,
    Kelly
    kellybugnboo@neb.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leighton,
    Stay stong, me n' my mom have been praying for you and your family.

    We love you, n' continue to hope for the best.

    Ciarra Greene, n' Elaine Alford

    ReplyDelete